Types of Substitutes
- Certified Substitute – substitute for classroom teachers – please note you do not have to be a subject area expert to substitute for a classroom teacher
- For the 2020-21 school year the school has waived the requirement of a bachelor’s degree to substitute in certified positions.
- Classified Substitute – substitute for support positions (i.e. tutors, special education assistants, school support assistants, etc.)
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Pay – $12.50 an hour
- Must complete fingerprinting and pass a background check
Click here for more information about part time opportunities at Brown Bus.
- $16.50 per hour – starting pay after training and probation period
- 2 hrs AM / 2 hrs PM – hours guarantee
- CDL is not required to be hired – we have a full in-house driver training program
- If someone already has a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with the proper endorsements (passenger & school bus endorsements & no air brake restriction), that would be great. If they don’t have all the endorsements, we will help them get the endorsements.
One additional item, any person that comes to us and tells us that they want to drive for FALCON RIDGE, those people will be assigned to any open routes at that time for FALCON RIDGE and will not be assigned a route for other schools we serve.