Falcon Ridge SPED Director/SPED Teacher
Job Title: SPED Director/SPED Teacher
Location: Falcon Ridge Public Charter School
Reports To: Principal
Calendar: 2021-2022 School Year
Benefits: Eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Public Employees Retirement System
JOB SUMMARY: Develops and provides specialized instruction to meet the unique needs of students with disabilities; evaluates and assesses student progress against instructional objectives; follows State mandated due process procedures and functions as IEP Manager to assigned students
- BA in Special Education
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides research-based specialized instruction to address the instructional goals and objectives contained within each student’s IEP.
- Assesses student progress and determines the need for additional reinforcement or adjustments to instructional techniques.
- Employs various teaching techniques, methods and principles of learning to enable students to meet their IEP goals.
- Develops and implements annual Individualized Educational Program (IEP) plans for students to include: present levels of educational performance, special education needs, instructional goals and objectives, and the special education and related services required to meet those goals.
- Schedules team meetings and works cooperatively with team members and others in developing instructional goals and strategies.
- Coordinates the delivery of special education services in each student’s IEP.
- Conducts special education evaluations and reevaluations.
- Understands the purpose of the General Supervision FileReview
- Understands how to read the GSFR rubric.
- Understands the requirements of a fully compliant Eligibility report and IEP.
- Monitors maintenance of effort, for the purpose of fiscal efficiency in providing required services.
- Manages special education complaints, for the purpose of providing required services.
- Coordinates with outside agencies to provide services to students and staff, for the purpose of offering appropriate services.
- Supervises the training of special education instructional assistants for the purpose of assuring well-trained personnel.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge regarding developing special education issues, changes in the laws and case law, and educational methods of educating students with disabilities, for the purpose of managing an excellent special education program.
- Ensures that all practices in the district are legal and ethical for each student/family so that each child has the opportunity to achieve at a high level and be prepared for post-secondary success.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to quickly move in a school environment where children are present.
- May sit for extended periods of time.
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift and carry heavy objects.
- May be required to block or redirect students.
- Possess sufficient visual acuity to complete job tasks.
- Must be able to effectively communicate through speech.