Music Teacher Long-Term Substitute (K-8)
Falcon Ridge Charter is a character-centered, strong academics school that focuses on a comprehensive and well-rounded approach to education. One important aspect of that approach is performing arts. We are seeking a long-term substitute music teacher who is passionate about music education and wants to join a fun, variety filled program with lots of flexibility. Our program includes rotating learning blocks (1-3 weeks, 2-6 lessons) teaching basic guitar, piano keyboards, mallet/Orff instruments, introduction (games/videos) to instruments of the orchestra, and music theory/notation. The learning blocks rotate around signing segments, primarily utilizing music K-8.com, to which Falcon Ridge subscribes. We are looking for an energetic, positive music teacher with some experience singing and playing piano and/or guitar. Classes are half (15-18 students) and there are enough instruments to supply every student in the class. We want someone who seeks to tap into student interests, build confidence, and foster character. *** Teaching Certificate in Music or Music Degree strongly preferred. Extensive music experience would be considered. Interested candidates are encouraged to check us out on our website
Start Date: 9/21/22
Schedule: Tuesday through Friday 8:30 am to 3:30 pm.
Salary: State Career Ladder
Types of Substitutes
- Certified Substitute – substitute for classroom teachers – please note you do not have to be a subject area expert to substitute for a classroom teacher
- For the 2020-21 school year the school has waived the requirement of a bachelor’s degree to substitute in certified positions.
- Classified Substitute – substitute for support positions (i.e. tutors, special education assistants, school support assistants, etc.)
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Pay – $12.50 an hour
- Must complete fingerprinting and pass a background check
Click here for more information about part time opportunities at Brown Bus.
- $16.50 per hour – starting pay after training and probation period
- 2 hrs AM / 2 hrs PM – hours guarantee
- CDL is not required to be hired – we have a full in-house driver training program
- If someone already has a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with the proper endorsements (passenger & school bus endorsements & no air brake restriction), that would be great. If they don’t have all the endorsements, we will help them get the endorsements.
One additional item, any person that comes to us and tells us that they want to drive for FALCON RIDGE, those people will be assigned to any open routes at that time for FALCON RIDGE and will not be assigned a route for other schools we serve.